Master of Public Administration Online
This online MPA program gives you the organizational, administrative, and analysis knowledge needed to generate solutions to human, economic, environmental, and social problems.
Get to know the online MPA program at Barry
Barry University’s Master of Public Administration online program prepares and develops students at all levels into public administrators who will embody the public sector values of respect for all individuals, proficiency in the profession, adherence to ethical principles, and empathy toward all. Dedicated and dynamic academic practitioner faculty teach, guide, and mentor students, preparing them to be accomplished public sector professionals who strive to effectively serve the public.
As a highly affordable master's degree designed for working professionals, this online MPA program is focused on the administration of public, nonprofit, and other organizations serving a public purpose. It is well-matched for those already employed in administrative positions, as well as those looking to transition from active field roles or the military. Students will have the opportunity to participate in public administrative coursework oriented to their current organization or future professional goals, including a Capstone Applied Project designed to make the connection between academic and professional work.
As the most recognized terminal professional degree for practitioners in public service, the MPA program content is grounded in an assessment of how the modern public-sector workplace has evolved and how to respond to and positively influence this evolution. Students will learn the principles of financial management, human resource administration, and administrative law.
Barry's highly respected online faculty features Quality Matters-certified professors with extensive experience who are subject matter experts in the public sector. Students may be able to transfer up to 6 graduate credits into the program*
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to:
- Apply graduate research methods and techniques to evaluate the effectiveness of public programs and the outcomes of policy alternatives
- Synthesize the concepts associated with ethical behavior and social responsibility in order to effect social change and promote social justice
- Evaluate leadership qualities and analyze the rule of law in administrative procedures, as well as execute effective administrative decision-making
- Examine the process involved in planning for change and the various means of production in the public sector, leading to ways to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
This program is well matched for those who are already employed or seeking employment in the public and nonprofit sectors as well as those who are looking to transition from active field roles or the military into careers such as:
- Administrative Services Manager
- City Manager
- County Executive
- Emergency Management Director/Manager
- Government or Nonprofit Financial Manager
- Nonprofit Director/Manager
- Policy Analyst
- Research Analyst
Barry University also offers a Master of Public Administration with a specialization in Nonprofit Administration.
Barry University is a member of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)—The Global Standard in Public Service Education.
Need More Information?
Find out how and when to pay for tuition
For the Master of Public Administration online there is a $30 application fee, but all other fees are included in the total cost of tuition. Tuition is the same whether you live inside or outside Florida and can be paid by the course.
|Program||Per Credit||Per 3-Credit Course||Per Program|
*Tuition and fees subject to change.
Take note of these milestones that will guide your student journey
With six start dates each year, the MPA online program is convenient to begin. After selecting your desired start date, you should consider deadlines for completing an application, turning in all required documentation, registering for classes, and paying tuition.
|Session||Program Start Date||Admissions & Financial Aid Deadline||Document Deadline||Registration Deadline||Payment Deadline *||Last Class Day||Term Length|
|Spring B||3/6/23||2/20/23||2/27/23||2/27/23||3/1/23||4/22/23||7 weeks|
|Summer A||5/8/23||4/24/23||5/1/23||5/1/23||5/3/23||6/24/23||7 weeks|
|Summer B||6/26/23||6/12/23||6/19/23||6/19/23||6/21/23||8/12/23||7 weeks|
|Fall A||8/28/23||8/14/23||8/21/23||8/21/23||8/23/23||10/14/23||7 weeks|
|Fall B||10/23/23||10/9/23||10/16/23||10/16/23||10/18/23||12/9/23||7 weeks|
*Payment must be received in full by the stated deadline regardless of financial aid arrangements. Failure to pay, or a balance on the account, will result in the student being dropped from courses, regardless of when the student registered. Students who do not register prior to the registration deadline must wait for the following term.
Have questions or need more information about our online programs?
Ready to take the rewarding path toward earning your degree online?
View the requirements for our Master of Public Administration
To apply for the Master of Public Administration online, you must hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. You also must submit a resume with two references. Student may be able to transfer up to 6 graduate credits into the program.*
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Professional resume with two references
- Official transcripts from only colleges/universities where degree conferred
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Professional resume with two references
- Official transcripts from only colleges/universities where degree conferred should be emailed directly from the institution(s) to Barry at this address: [email protected]. You can also upload your documents directly into the MyBarry portal. If sending postal mail, please use address below (Note - Transcripts will take longer to be received and processed).
- *When applicable, please also get the tracking number for transcripts
- *Barry University may ask for additional transcripts depending on student status and completion of other admissions requirements
- Mail to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
11300 NE 2nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33161
- By email, sent directly from the institution to [email protected]
- SPEEDE (also known as EDI Service)
- Parchment Exchange
- National Student Clearinghouse
- JST System (military)
Have a question? Call us at 844-890-5951.
Read about our online MPA classes here
In order to earn the online Master of Public Administration degree, you must complete 12 courses (36 credits), including 10 core courses (30 credits) and two electives (6 credits). There are no leveling or foundation courses. However, based on prior academic and/or professional experience, you may be required to complete a self-paced online workshop prior to starting a for-credit course in order to refresh certain knowledge or skills. All courses are seven weeks in length.
Accolade Body Curabitur lobortis enim ante, eu egestas dui consectetur et. Donec mollis, ante id tempus elementum, purus felis placerat nunc, vitae ultricies arcu nunc eu est.
*Tuition and fees subject to change.
**Previously earned credits, if accepted for transfer, must be completed in less than the (5) year period immediately preceding initial enrollment at Barry. Only relevant courses for which a grade of B or higher was earned will be considered. Only credits will be transferred, not grades or grade point averages and credits that were used to earn a degree at another institution will not be accepted.
Request more information
Submit this form, and an Enrollment Specialist will contact you to answer your questions.