Dr. David G. Wolf
Academic Coordinator & Associate Professor, Health Services Administration
"I want my students to understand the ever-changing world of healthcare administration from a political, regulatory, social, technological, and economic standpoint—and the significant impact they can have if they consider all options from a strategic perspective."
- PhD in Organizational Leadership/Business Strategy – Eastern University, 2012
- MS Jurisprudence – Seton Hall University School of Law, 2018
- MS in Organizational Leadership/Business Strategy – Cabrini College, 2007
- BS in Business Administration – Villanova University, 1983
- 20-year career in long-term healthcare, including owning and operating a skilled nursing facility, an assisted living facility, a home healthcare agency, and an outpatient rehabilitation facility
- Barry University Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year Award, 2018
- Academic board member: American College of Health Care Administrators
- Certified Quality Matters Subject Matter Expert in Healthcare Administration
- National Judge: American Health Care Association Quality of Life Awards—presented to the finest nursing homes in the U.S.
- Experienced researcher with over 15 articles/book chapters published in peer-reviewed journals
Links to share?
In which online degree programs do you teach?
Which classes do you teach online?
All HSA and ADM courses
What do you want students to take away from your courses?
I want my students to understand the ever-changing world of healthcare administration from a political, regulatory, social, technological, and economic standpoint—and the significant impact they can have if they consider all options from a strategic perspective.
Why did you start teaching?
I started teaching to close the immense gap between theory (academia) and everyday reality (practice). I want future healthcare leaders to look to academia and academia to look to practitioners to solve our global, complex healthcare issues.
What advice would you give to students considering an online program?
If you are choosing to learn online, prepare to immerse yourself in the material and make a personal commitment to challenge yourself, your instructor, and your classmates.
What qualities make someone particularly successful in healthcare administration?
The most important quality for any healthcare leader is a desire, passion, and drive to stay relevant. Our industry is changing at an unprecedented rate. Listen to everyone, solicit opinions, research the situation, and make the best, informed decision you can based on the available information.
What do you think is the biggest challenge that healthcare professionals face today?
The biggest challenge for healthcare leaders is staying on top of this dynamic and ever-changing industry. Operations, technology, reimbursement, and regulations are constantly changing, and we must stay on top of these changes to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.