Whether you’re starting out in an entry-level position or looking to move up the career ladder, leadership is one of the most important skills you can develop.
According to The Balance Careers, effective leaders share common traits: “the ability to communicate well, motivate their team, handle and delegate responsibilities, listen to feedback, and have the flexibility to solve problems in an ever-changing workplace.”
Essential Leadership Skills Spell Success
Leadership includes a combination of soft skills like active listening and empathy. The Indeed Career Guide lists talents that result in great leadership skills:
- Team Building: Practicing effective communication and conflict resolution will build a strong team of colleagues who are motivated to work toward the same goal.
- Ability to Teach and Mentor: A selfless leader develops their team, and this helps organizations scale.
- Problem-Solving: It’s important to anticipate obstacles and identify achievable solutions whenever a problem arises.
- Decisiveness: A key aspect of problem-solving, decisiveness can also improve efficiency and keep projects on track.
- Integrity: Acting with integrity by maintaining honest and ethical business practices will create trust between coworkers. It also creates trust between an organization and its clients.
- Dependability: Team members and clients rely on dependable leaders. According to Indeed’s Career Guide, “a dependable person follows through on plans and keeps promises.”
Barry University’s online B.S. in Administration program develops necessary soft skills for success in any organization. The required core course in Leadership Development, for example, stresses management theory and the analysis and interpretation of leadership skills.
Throughout the degree program, you’ll address issues in human resources administration, organizational change, and quality and productivity within a business. The final capstone course serves as an opportunity to incorporate your newfound knowledge through case studies and research.
Learn more about Barry University’s Bachelor of Science in Administration online program.